Monday, June 16, 2014

Aix en Provence, Cassis & Nice

Off again for another full day of beautiful sights full of fun! Our first stop was a visit to the city of Aix en Provence, otherwise considered as the 21st district of Paris even though it is no where near the city at all. We had free time and we chose to visit a small patisserie where we each tried a different dessert. Before leaving I wanted a small chocolate and the boss offered it to me for free. I don't know, maybe he just felt bad for my poor French! Haha, anyway, it was very good. It was like a rich piece of fudge covered in white chocolate. I've yet to have any French chocolate other than this morning. I'm getting so sick of bread! They eat it with everything. So my friend bailey and I are doing the "no bread challenge" where we are avoiding bread for an entire day. It sounds easy, but with the amount they eat here it is not! After the visit in Aix en Provence, we went to Cassis for a boat your if the calques. These were on the Mediterranean Sea and we're absolutely breath taking. Our boat tour lasted about 45 minutes but it was well worth the time.   We were able to take many pictures and had a lot of fun while doing so. We finally found our coffee grounds to bring back home for some delicious French coffee. I have a major thing for peaches now, I can't get enough of them! They are just everywhere in the markets along the streets and always fresh and cheap. Once we left the town if Cassis we took a three hour bus ride to Nice. We came in on a hill and the view of Nice was so cool. You could see all of the little city buildings and the aqua blue water all along the Promenade des Anglais.  We had only a little but of time to do our own thing so we just walked along the beach and delivered our postcards to the post office. Dinner was decent tonight, we had some sort of stroganoff with noodles. Personally I didn't like the meat portion so I had the noodles along with the ice cream treat for desert. And I'm proud to say I went the day without bread so that was a success! Tomorrow is our last day here in France... I am quite sad, but at the same time I do miss people from back home and am anxious to get back into the routine of things. 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy those peaches!! I just bought some at Sams today ( 8 of them for $8 !!!). They probably won't be as delicious, but should be perfect to eat by the time you get home. Hope your last day is fantastic! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete