Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Nice&Monaco
This morning we started our day at the Fragonard perfumerie in the small village of Eze. Here they create some of the worlds most famous and well known perfumes. They all smelt wonderful. We were able to sample several different perfumes and colognes as well as learn the procedures that are taken to creat each one. The profession of the creation of perfumes is very prestigious. There are only 150 "noses" (people with the ability to smell 900 different scents) in the world, and of those 150, 100 live and work in France. I bought two small perfumes, they were much cheaper being bought here because they were sold at factory pricing which is 4x cheaper than being bought from a store. After the perfumerie, we made a trip to the country of Monaco. Here we took a brief walking tour of the city and then were given an hour of free time and that's where things got interesting... My friends and I figured we had plenty of time to sit down and have a nice meal, so we went to a small restaurant and ordered our meal. I wasn't very hungry so I ordered a fruit salad while my friends ordered a three course meal. Twenty minutes went by, and nothing, 40 minutes still nothing, it got to be 1:50 and we needed to be at our meeting spot in 10 minutes which was a five minute walk and still we had nothing. I had already gotten and ate my fruit salad so as my friends were waiting I ran in and paid for our meal, which consisted of going through a small creepy hallway, passing though the kitchen, and ending up in a random lobby with a weird guy whom which I was told to pay. After I paid, I quickly went back to the table where my friends ate a 3 course meal in 3 minutes. It was hilarious. They grabbed there desserts the minute they were set in the table and we ran through the streets of Monaco. As we were running one of my friends yelled from the back to stop, but we kept running and once we reached the meeting point she slowly comes up and yelled "guys I said stop because I threw up!!!!" Hahaha, it was hilarious, but our teachers weren't too happy with us. But really, there was nothing we could do.... The rest of our afternoon was spent in Nice. We did some last minute shopping, grabbed some tasty treats, and enjoyed our last little bit of France. I finally found a ring after a weeks worth of searching and I love it. I got a very good deal on it! We had ice cream at one of the most well known ice cream shops in Nice, it was so good, I had a scoop of Nutella & cap pachinko flavors. I will miss so many things about France, it's so different from the US that it's hard to say what I will miss most. It'll be good to be home and back into the routine of things, yet if I could do those same things here, I would never want to leave!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment