Friday, June 13, 2014

Hola!

Hola from Spain! Today had to of been my favorite day of the trip so far. I don't even know where to begin with my day and the excitement it held. So I suppose first off, I could start with breakfast. It was a typical French continental with the choice of a croissant or baguette with Nutella or apricot jam. They have very good coffee here, and for those who know me well, I LOVE IT. The search is on for French coffee to bring home. After breakfast we loaded the bus and set off the San Sebastián, Spain. It was very different from France within just 60 miles you can easily tell you are in a different country. Upon arrival we were given. Brief walking your of the older district of the city and afterwards were allowed 4 hours of free time, which was very well spent. My typical group of friends and I set out into the streets if San Sebastián to do some shopping. Everything in Spain is much cheaper than in France so we were able to buy many gifts and cute clothes. It's so picture perfect the way we were able to walk through the narrow streets, run out if the way for cars, and view the beautiful architecture of the different culture. After shopping, we went down to the beach. It was wonderful! The water was so clear and we were able to swim out to a raft that had a slide coming off of it. On he sand of the beach, we attempting to put up a cheerleading stunt and the whole beach was quite entertained by the "strange American" attempt. It was much harder to communicate in Spain because everyone spoke basque or Spanish. Not even French! I think I spoke more French in Spain just trying to communicate but really, English was just as bad. We grabbed lunch on our way back from the beach at a little cafe. It was quite reasonable. They offered a large sand which, drink, and paterie for 6E. It was very good. After our escape to Spain, we loaded the bus and were back to France to the small fishermans city of jean luc. Once again, this was absolutely breath taking. The city encourages a color scheme so all of the buildings are coordinated. Here, we were given another two hours of free time where we walked the streets of jean luc and costed many little shops. We later found the beach and took some more pictures and just enjoyed the atmosphere. It's only the 5th day and I have already taken about 600 pictures. Everything is just picture perfect! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast! Glad you were able to have some free time to enjoy the beach and shop! (two of my favorite things)

    ReplyDelete